BLOCKCHAIN CAPITAL, LLC
Last Updated: September 2018
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, email address as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log information about your use of and actions on our Site.
We do not collect any sensitive data such as: race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic of biometric data, health or mortality, sex life or sexual orientation, unless required by law.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to communicate via newsletter about our views on the crypto assets and blockchain industry.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal requirements). When we have no ongoing business need to process your information, we will delete it, or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been archived), then we will securely store your personal information until deletion is possible.
We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. Please note that email is not a secure medium and should not be used to send confidential or sensitive information. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security, unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update or delete your personal information. You can also ask to review any of the personal information that we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it at any time by contacting us. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, and provided we can authenticate your identity, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Blockchain Capital, LLC
440 Pacific Avenue
San Francisco, California 94133
RIGHTS SPECIFIC TO THE GDPR
If you are a data subject for purposes of the GDPR, you have a number of important rights, including rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address;
- Require the correction of any mistake in the personal information that we hold about you;
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- Receive the personal information concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to a third party in certain situations;
- Object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means that produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, guidance is available from applicable data protection authorities.